Monday, February 11, 2008

A Green Engagement

A fondant engagement cake for Aida's sister. I was merely following orders for the theme of the engagement which was green.

At first I wanted to do a white base with green flowers but I couldn't find any green sugar flowers being sold at the bakery stores. So, I resorted in doing the reverse - green base with white sugar flowers. At least, the flowers stand out, don't they? I don't do my own sugar flowers due to the fact that I'm still incompetent and still a beginner in modeling sugar flowers. Plus, it's still more cost-effective to buy them rather than do them myself.


I still have a long way to go on decorating with fondant. I seriously need to attend classes. Aida, please accept my apologies for any shortcomings on the cake ya.

No comments: