Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Ballerina Story...

My good mommy friend, Lara, asked whether I could make a cake with a pair of pink ballerina slippers on a white base for her daughter's birthday cake. I've never done a modeled cake before but if you've been following my progress, I am not one to pass an opportunity when given but instead I'll face it, head on.


After doing countless research on the internet and poring over my cake decorating books, I finally came up with this. My aim was to only use two colors as to make it simple and sweet. You know the saying, less is more.

The hardest part was to model the slippers. I lost count on the number of times that I had to re roll and remodel the slippers but I'm very happy with the final outcome.


I hope the birthday girl, Elmira, liked her birthday cake as much as I loved doing it. Oh, by the way, this cake is a hefty 3 kg Chocolate Moist Cake which could feed a whole class. Talk about sugar high hehehhe...

3 comments:

Along said...

So sweet!!! I love the ballerina slippers...they look too good to eat!!

Gal, you should print out some biz cards so I can start passing them around at the office. My officemates semua jenis suka buat bday party utk anak2 ada theme...I should promote ur services. Heee...

NORA ANSHAR said...

thanx long!

actually, i've already made my biz cards. it's just that everytime we meet, aku sokmola lupa nak pass around. maklumla, aku kan dah lama tak bekerja. not use to passing around my cards and saying "this is my card" muakakakkaka...

ReensPorchSale said...

The ballerina slippers look awesome..beautiful