Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From Germany With Love

A week before Father's Day, I received a long distance order from a friend of mine who's studying in Germany. Wan wanted to surprise her father, hence opted for the Special Surprise Delivery.

Since fatherly love was in the air, I covered the American Chocolate Cake with dark chocolate hearts drizzled with white chocolate. Beautiful as decoration and delicious to eat as well.

I'm still not good at making flowers from icing so it's better to play safe than sorry. I dotted the cake with dainty flowers made from colored chocolate chips.

The cake came with a helium balloon too. The store where I usually buy my balloons ran out of 'Happy Father's Day' so I substituted with the next best thing, 'We Love You'.

Thank you so much Wan for ordering. It was truly a great show of love stretched across continents. I really hope that your father enjoyed the surprise.

No comments: