Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Princess Castle

Right... I was dead wrong in thinking that the Barbie Doll cake that I did previously was challenging. Please let me correct myself. If Barbie was tough, this Princess Castle was even tougher!


Under all those pastel-colored buttercream lies six, yes SIX chocolate moist cakes that make up the castle and its four towers. I had to insert straws into the cakes in fear of them toppling over. Thank God the castle stayed intact until its cake cutting ceremony. This castle is the champion when it comes to weight. It weighed in at a hefty 4.5 kg.

The towers were topped with ice cream cones which I covered with buttercream and then sprinkled with pink-colored sugar. The front door is made of Meiji Chocolates which I still have in stock from my trip to Tokyo.

How long did it take for me to do this castle from scratch to finish?? TWO whole days!! Yes, that long. I did my research from cake magazines, cake books, googled my way into various cake websites for a week. The price?? Please email or call me for a design consult and I'll quote you a price based on the design, the cake itself and the man hours required to do this cake.

By the way, this cake was for Dania, my good friend, Along's daughter. She had a princess themed party complete with tiaras to match heheh.

Despite the long hours that I put in to finish up this cake, I felt truly gratified for being given the opportunity to stretch my limit and capability and I felt truly satisfied because the castle cake turned out better than I expected and was a hit with the birthday girl.

6 comments:

Along said...

Noresh, I want to thank you so much for such a beautiful cake. Dania was so happy with it, amat berbaloi. And the taste, as usual, to die for!!
4.5kg ke? U told me it would be around 3kg...hehehe...patut lah konyang semua yg makan cake tu.

Thanks again. Dina's b'day in Oct, aku nak booking lagi..:D

apex838 said...

your castle is amazing... how much is that? and the surprise baloon and cake? how is that?

NORA ANSHAR said...

along: the pleasure was all mine. aku pun tak expect i could churn out something like this.

apex838: thank you! i'm amazed myself at the end product. please email me for prices and such. thanks!

ReensPorchSale said...

Oh wow...What a beautiful cake,I might want to order for June birthday,tq..
how do I get hold of you?

NORA ANSHAR said...

ReensPorchSale: Thank you! You're most welcome to order it for June though I may want to know the date in advance as I'm usually pretty tied up in June.

Please call or email me for a consult. My phone no. and email are listed on the right hand side. Thank you for your interest :)

ReensPorchSale said...

Oh Thanks so much,I'll definitely get back to you:)