Thursday, May 22, 2008

Realizing a Dream

My toughest challenge to date - this Barbie cake. My regular customer, Farah gave me a Barbie doll and begged me to do a Barbie cake for her. I went berserk at first thinking the amount of work and ingenuity required to do this cake but I dived in head first all the same seeing that I am sucker for challenges. Yeap, throw them at me, straight or curved, I'll do my ultimate best to catch it irregardless how I do it - terbalik ke, tertonggeng ke, I'll give my 150% best effort.


This is one heavy and hefty cake. I had to bake four butter cakes to make it high enough to reach Barbie's waist. Baking the cakes itself required three hours of work. The decoration part? Four hours straight!! I referred to countless of Barbie pictures trying to get one that satisfied my vision of a sweet and simple design.


At last, I came up with this. What you see here is my own design, inspired by countless of Barbie's ball gown. Under the pink fondant is a mountain of a butter cake layered with apple jam and vanilla buttercream.

This Barbie cake weighs in at 4 kg. The price? Please email or call me for a consult and I'll quote you a price based from the consultation.


Thank you very much Farah for giving me this opportunity and thus proving to myself that I can finally do a Barbie cake. I sincerely hope you have realized your dream and I know I've realized mine.

1 comment:

Ibrahim Muhammad Imran (IMI) said...

Hi Kak Noresh, million thanks for agreeing to take on the 'assignment'. My husband, my family were truly impressed with yr work especially when i mentioned this is the work done by an engineer.And not fogetting the cerita kelakar about the cake i told u about. The cake itself was delicious, we all loved it. Thank you for helping me to realize my 'dream'. InsyaAllah more 'dreams' will come...involving 'Man U' and 'budak comel pakai kopiah'.hehehe..can ah? wl definitely tell you way in advance.