Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Chocolate Cornelli

My favorite and loyal customer, Dr. Nor or fondly called Kak Nor ordered a small American Chocolate and carrot cake for her children to feast during this two-week long school holiday. Cool mom, eh!

Since this was the 4th chocolate cake in a week, I was totally at lost on what to decorate the cake. A quick look at my cake bible and voila! I came up with lots of squiggly lines also known as cornelli made from chocolate buttercream.

I added a few rosettes at strategic points and dotted them with blue and white chocolate chips.


I was in the mood of 'cornelling' and so moved on to decorate the carrot cake as well. From above, it looks liked a woven mat.

Thank you so much Kak Nor for your generous orders. Keep them coming ya!

The 1 kg American Chocolate Cake is RM 25. The 1 kg Carrot Cake is RM 35

No comments: