Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Special Request

This special request came from Zied, my roomy from PPP. She wanted a small carrot cake for her dad's birthday. However, she asked that the cake be decorated to look like a chocolate cake. The reason; the adults in her family are sick and tired of eating chocolate cakes but the kids totally LOOOOVEEEE it.

It took me several days to come up with ideas on how to disguise a carrot cake to look like a chocolate cake without compromising on the taste. After ruling out two, I came up with this...


The cake had a dual purpose. It's a Birthday cake for her dad and a Mother's Day cake for her mom hence the message "Happy B'day Walid, Happy Mother's Day Ummi"


The carrot cake is frosted with luscious cream cheese, topped with rich dark chocolate ganache and sweet white chocolate hearts and finally, wrapped with shards of dark chocolate.


My first chocolate hearts. It does add a certain amount of sweet-looking appearance to the cake. I like...


I purposely made the chocolate shards to be uneven in shape and sizes just to give it a more abstract feel. They help to disguise the carrot cake to look like a chocolate one plus the kids can just pluck it away and munch on them since they are just plain old dark chocolate.



Thank you so much Zied for letting me be a part of your family's celebration. I'm so glad that your father, the birthday boy liked my cake and actually ate it.

The carrot cake featured here is priced at RM 45/kg as it is fully decorated for a birthday. I do cater for special requests and try my best to fulfill it. So, please email or call me to discuss ya.

2 comments:

Delia said...

i love this cake! it's unique! and really lovely! i bet it tastes good too! must make a point to contact you when i'm back! =)

NORA ANSHAR said...

thanx delia! so far, my carrot cake has been getting raving reviews. so please do contact me when you come back. we can meet up and borak2 pasal your sojourn to the states. plus, my husband and i do remember your hubs. mesti panjang cerita nanti.