Friday, May 4, 2007

Labor Day Cakes

I got very busy during the long weekend. Another one of my loyal customers, Dr. Nor Kamariah or fondly called Kak Nor ordered an American Chocolate Cake and a Carrot Cake. I had time in my hands and I was itching to try the new Wilton tips that I bought from ICCA. I came up with these...

Swirls and twirls on the American Chocolate. Topped with chocolate ganache and dotted with cream cheese. A simple one but I was quite impressed with the outcome (Wilton tips are cool!).

From the side.


Since I was going for simplicity, I made peaks out of the cream cheese frosting on the carrot cake. Very easy and pleasing to the eye at the same time.


This large carrot cake was for En. Najman of SigTech. He ordered one for a makan-makan do at his place.


To all my customers, thank you for your continuous support and orders. Syukur Alhamdulillah...

2 comments:

Halwafy said...

Hey, you are indeed getting really good at this :) Syabas...

NORA ANSHAR said...

thanx ibah! not wanting to sound too arrogant, but yes... i think i am too. but let me tell u this, the road travelled was filled with late nights, endless practices, countless angry moments and lots of vented frustration.

but as they say, practice makes perfect. so here i am, practising away...